How to Apply

Right-of-way per­mits are required for log­ging activ­i­ties with­in the City of Mar­i­on to pro­tect the pub­lic’s health, safe­ty and wel­fare. Right-of-way per­mits are required for any activ­i­ty with­in the rights-of-way or ease­ments belong­ing to the City of Marion.

Activ­i­ties may include, but are not lim­it­ed to the following:

  • Instal­la­tion of utilities
  • Instal­la­tion of storm drain piping
  • Instal­la­tion of new driveways
  • Open cut­ting of a road­way or side­walk for repair or instal­la­tion of utilities
  • Any block­ing of a lane of traf­fic or a sidewalk
  • Any encroach­ment into the City right-of-way

How to Apply for and Use a Right-of-way Permit:

1. Down­load per­mit application

2. Com­plete appli­ca­tion mail/​drop off to the atten­tion of Engi­neer­ing along with:

  • A $25.00 check or mon­ey order 
  • Your email and phone number
  • A cred­it card or deb­it card number

3. Once funds have been received, a R.O.W. Plac­ard will be issued. This plac­ard needs to be kept on the site.

See Con­tacts tab on the Engi­neer­ing page for our mail­ing address and oth­er con­tact information.

Files Attached: