To provide efficient, centralized, and cost-effective municipal engineering services to the citizens, as well as other divisions and departments of the city. Furthermore, we intend to be good stewards of public resources in order to enhance the quality of life in the City of Marion.
Programs & Services
- Major patching repairs
- Pavement markings
- Preventative maintenance
- Tree removal and planting
- Curb and sidewalk repairs and replacement
- Permitting and inspection for street cuts, driveway entrances, and other activities on the Right-of-way
Storm Sewer (MS4) Operation
- Review of drawings for Erosion Control oversight
- Inspections for sites permitting use by MS4
- Report to IDEM on best maintenance practices and erosion control
- Maintenance of maps of city streets and borders
- Assistance on roadway specifications
- Record-keeping of signs, pavement markings, traffic signals, traffic counts, etc.