Neighborhood associations in the City of Marion focus on a geographic area within our city and aim to “Build and maintain a welcoming neighborhood.” This vision includes mobilizing the area to communicate not only with each other but also with city officials and resources who can help them achieve a shared vision. Many neighborhoods are host to residential, commercial and public spaces. Associations locate and utilize all the assets of a neighborhood to build and maintain the area as a welcoming space for all.
It takes intentionality to maintain a welcoming neighborhood. Forming a new association or joining the work of the current association gives you a means to rally together towards an intentional vision. Each neighborhood is unique in its vision for the area. By bringing the group together and focusing on this vision, neighbors can prioritize projects, propose solutions to concerns, and implement plans for maintaining the unique life of the neighborhood.
Neighborhoods usually organize to:
- Build a sense of community among neighbors
- Address neighborhood concerns
- Provide the neighborhood with an effective communication link to government officials and other influential groups
- Empower residents to build and maintain their neighborhood through reactive and proactive projects
- Improve the quality of life for their neighborhood
Click to explore the map and see which Association is in your area…