The neighborhood associations within the City of Marion encourage all homeowners, renters, business owners, commercial building owners to steward their homes, buildings, parks, roads, sidewalks, and other public spaces for all to have a safe and welcoming place for current residents, visitors, and potential future residents and business to enter into. Forming a new association or joining the current one in your area gives you a means to rally together to steward your area in collaboration with each other and the city of Marion.
It takes intentionality to maintain a welcoming, strong neighborhood. A neighborhood association is a group of residents, business representatives, and other interested citizens who devote their time and energy to improve and enhance a well-defined geographic area. Neighborhood Associations provide a place to meet neighbors, exchange ideas, prioritize projects, propose solutions, and implement plans for the neighborhood. Organizing a neighborhood brings people together to form a collective, united voice.
Neighborhoods usually organize to:
- Build a sense of community among neighbors
- Address neighborhood concerns
- Provide the neighborhood with an effective communication link to government officials and other influential groups
- Empower residents to improve their neighborhood
- Take on projects for the betterment of their neighborhood environment
- Improve the quality of life their neighborhood
Explore the map to see which Association is in your area…