The Building & Grounds Department keeps the City of Marion facilities and grounds in excellent condition. Due to the diligence of the staff, Marion has a municipal building and grounds of which we can be proud.
To provide good and efficient service, a safe facility, and keep the building and grounds looking their best so visitors and citizens of Marion are proud of the facility when they visit City Hall.
Programs & Services
- Interior Maintenance: Cleaning of municipal buildings, painting, remodeling offices, stripping and refinishing floors, shampooing carpets, plumbing, and general upkeep within City Hall and fire stations.
- Outdoor Maintenance: Mowing lawns, trimming bushes, snow removal, and general upkeep of City Hall building and grounds.
- Maintain equipment including generator, boilers & HVAC units, mowers, snow removal equipment, etc.
- Testing of safety equipment including fire alarm system and sprinkler system.
- Maintain generator for the building for emergency readiness.