The Building & Grounds Department keeps the City of Marion facilities and grounds in good condition and in working order. Due to the diligence of a small staff, Marion has a municipal building and grounds of which we can be proud.
To provide good and efficient service, a safe facility, and keep the building and grounds looking their best so visitors and citizens of Marion are proud of the facility when they visit City Hall.
Programs & Services
- Interior Maintenance: Cleaning of municipal buildings, painting, remodeling offices, stripping and refinishing floors, shampooing carpets, plumbing, and general upkeep.
- Outdoor Maintenance: Mowing lawn, maintaining landscape, plowing snow, and general upkeep of City Hall building and grounds.
- Equipment Maintenance: Keeping the infrastructure of the building in good working order including the generator, heating and air-conditioning units, mowers, snow removal equipment, etc.
- Testing of safety equipment including the fire alarms and sprinkler system.
- Carrying out the internal Recycling Program for the main City government buildings.